I'm actually having two issues with my Paperwhite.
1) When I order a book after reading the sample, instead of picking up where the sample left off, it starts more than halfway through the book.
2) The more annoying issue is that while reading a book, when I go to the next page, it jumps to the Table of Contents. This happened repeatedly in the last book I read. I then have to page through the book to find my spot.
1. there's problems with starting from the same place in a purchased books vs a Sample. For one thing, they are not the same book and any notes/highlights you make on the Sample will not show up on the actual book.
2. are you tapping or swiping to go to the next page? Simply tap and you should be OK. And there's not need to page to get to where you were, tap in the upper half inch of the page and then hit the back arrow and you'll be on the last page you read
1. Actually, prior to the last few books I've read, whenever I purchased after reading a sample it always picked up where the sample left off.
2. It's not working that way. I am simply tapping and it goes back to the beginning of the book. The back arrow is not solving the issue. If it were jumping ahead a few pages, I'd assume it was something with the way I was tapping. However, it jumps back hundreds of pages.