I go thru the usual steps to add a book just read to a collection—and nothing happens. Once in a great while it looks like the book went to a collection but then it appears again. I have all these books mixed up with the unread books. I do use the filter to just show unread. I also have the problem of 122 missing pages in my collection and 4 very frustrating conversations with Amazon help (really misnamed) has left me ready to toss the kindle out
I just received a new paperwhite and something is definitely very weird with Kindles and Cloud Collections. I updated the paperwhite to 184.108.40.206 and then synced the new Paperwhite and my Voyage to my account (three times each). Rebooted each one tree times also. The following oddities occured
1. A Collection created on my Voyage this month was not available to download under
All (highlighted) | Downloaded ___ Collections ___ Title
2. A Cloud Collection I had renamed on my Voyage this year, was also not available to download under that layout
3. I still cannot see the Cloud Collection I created on my Your Content and devices page
4. I recreated the two Collections and now I have two Collections with the same name on my Your Content and devices page. I didn't think this was possible. In the image below:
Tor (1st one was created May 15th on my Voyage)
Tor (1st one was created May 18th on the Paperwhite)
testing2 (created on May 8th on the website)
Samples_New (created March 6, 2014 and renamed this year during another experiment to see if name could be changed on website)
Samples_New (created May 18th on the Paperwhite)
5. Initially the book counts were way different between the two devices and I began to manually bring them into sync). I left the two big Cloud Collections until the next day and when I opened the device to check the counts they were correct. Seems like it takes a while to populate them.
6. The books not in Cloud Collections also took overnight to populate fully. This could mean that those who are experiencing the blank pages of book listings, just might need to have some patience and leave wireless on and devices plugged in for a day or two to fill those pages.
7. From time to time when i opened a Cloud Collection to check on what was in it, i would see 3-4 books per page with gaps between them. Usually adding a book or paging forward/backward "fixed" that
Some thing is definitely no working right with Cloud Collections and I apologise to each and all of you if I doubted your word. I'm going to live with the duplicate Collections for now and hope that Amazon fixes the disconnect between kindles and the website too
this is still a problem as i created a Collection on my Paperwhite (newest model)
it shows up under the Your Digital Content and Devices page
it does not show up on my Voyage with the Home page set to:
All (highlighted) | Downloaded ____ Filters (Collections) ____ Title
on the Your Digital Content and Devices --> Preferences --> Whispersync Settings are On
on both the Paperwhite and the Voyage, Whispersync is enabled.
and, to add insult to injury, I just rebooted my Paperwhite from the Home page, following two syncs, because I had a book stuck indexing and both books I was reading went back to Page 1 and one was set as New (there was no update for it). I had had a book on Kindle for PC lose its place a few days ago, but I thought that was because I hadn't gone back to the Home page before syncing or that I'd forgotten to sync.
I also redownloaded a book I'd marked as read to my Paperwhite and had read to 92% (actual end of book) and when I downloaded it, it came down and opened on the first page with no option to sync to furthest read. I've now book marked them, but it's a pain. The aforementioned Kindle for PC sync wiped out all my bookmarks too.