well, that nixes that thought. It is rather odd that some of us are having problems and some aren't. Dragi is an experienced user and was one of the real helpers on the Kindle Help forum, so if he's experiencing it, something is odd
I experienced very similar behavior - here is what I wrote to feedback :
After hard reset and lots of patience, the content does seem to begin to actually download. Some personal documents seem to still be missing from the library, but all Amazon-bought books finally show. Device content list on amazon.com/myk is still incomplete.
And, BTW, the Voyage ate through half the battery charge in two hours. So, this does seem to be a matter of software (both on the device and on Amazon servers) being overloaded...
Hello Dragi "Bonzi" Raos,
Please do not include personal information, including Serial Numbers, in future posts. It has been removed from this post for your protection.
I have two Kindle Voyages, both the newest versions and both updated. Today all of my content vanished from both. First each showed only 11 items (rather than thousands) and then after a restart, a completely empty library. De registration and hard restarts accomplish nothing. I also noticed that my storage is showing as 106 MB out of a total of only 438 MB. I have had repeated problems with this model, and this is extremely irritating, Mine are both WiFi and 3G, and I wonder if that has anything to do with why some models are having problems? I notice that Amazon no longer sells this model directly on its site, which is troubling.
I'm having the same issue with my Oasis 1. After the update loaded, the only thing showing in my library on the device was my audible books. I can still see all my books under My Content and I can download them, but only the books I specifically sent are showing up under All (as well as downloaded). It also doesn't show the option to Remove a book, only Delete it.
Have you spoken to Customer Service? I did so in the middle of December and the problem was sorted on all three of my devices just over 2 weeks later. If a significant number of people have reported the problem, Customer Service may now have information on what needs to be done.
I de-registered and re-registered. I lost everything that was already on the device but it seemed as if they were lost anyway. At least now I can see my library - or at least it's being restored. It will take a while since I have a lot of books.
The problem occurred for my Kindle voyage. Updating to the latest version firmware(5.12.1) won't fix.
After tried different apaches, I have found a trick to work around the problem: Converting azw3 file format to mobi. I do the converting with calibre.
For one thing - you are violating Amazon's terms by converting to .mobi. Amazon's books have DRM and you have to strip out the DRM to even open them in Calibre to convert them. This could cause you to have you account closed - permanently!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
There is no such thing as a stupid question!
Corollary -- so long as you read before you post and stay on topic. :)