- The latest Amazon Alex app version installed on the phone.
- Both Echos (1st Generation) Dots have the latest software/firmware...both Phone and Echo Dot have been power cycled.
- Alexa Guard enabled and both Echo Dots devices enabled in-app.
- I tell Alexa "I'm leaving..."
- I get correct Notification on the phone, "Alexa started guarding home" - this works without a problem.
- Set off smoke detector test alarm (loud) about 8 feet from Echo Dot
- A beep sound/change of light pattern comes out of the Echo Dot as soon as it hears the alarm...but NO notification is sent to the phone. (The Problem)
- I tell Alexa "I'm home..."
- I get correct Notification on the phone, "Alexa isn't guarding home" - this works without no problem.
So all is working fine, except...even though the Echo Dot makes a clear audible sound as soon as it hears the alarm, it will not send me a notification when it hears the alarm sound. Other than that EVERYTHING else works fine.
Set off smoke alarms in different rooms all near an Echo - got a “Detected sounds could not be recognized” recording in Alexa app under Review Smart Alert History but no phone alert.
Set off carbon monoxide alarm - received an alert on my phone and in Alexa app.
Played glass breaking sound via You Tube - got alert on my phone and in Alexa app.
Played smoke detector sound via You Tube - got alert on my phone and in Alexa app.
The only sound Alexa doesn’t recognize (and doesn’t send an alert) is coming from any of my actual smoke detectors which I just replaced last year. I tested 5 detectors (all the same model) and none of them are recognized. Is there any way to train Alexa to recognize my smoke detectors?