-I have been using Routines for many months and have many motion-sensor triggered Routines that work properly.
Today I tried to create a new simple Routine: When <my motion sensor> is active then Announce "The door is open" on all Alexa devices
When I try to save this, I get a pop-up: "There was a problem creating this routine"
Things that I have tried:
- Create a simple routine: If I say: "Alexa, test routine" Then say "Test" - This works as expected.
- Checked devices in the Alexa app and can see my motion sensor trigger and reset properly in the app. - Works as expected
- Verified that some of my existing motion-sensor triggered Routines still work. - Yes, these still work.
- Uninstall and re-Install the Alexa app. - No Change
- Forget the motion sensor and then discover it again with a different trigger setting. - No Change
- Rebooted my router and verified that both android phone and Alexa devices are on the same network. - No Change
The problem seems to be with saving new Routines that involve motion-sensor-type device triggers.
I noticed that my android Alexa app was updated 2 days ago. Could this have any bearing on the problem?
Are there any suggestions for further troubleshooting?
Are there any details as to what the error: "There was a problem creating this routine" means?
I have an old iOS phone with no SIM but access to my WIFI network and an old version of the Alexa app. I just tried creating the Routine as described above using this iOS phone and was successful. It appears the the android Alexa app update that I received 2 days ago may have broken Alexa motion-sensor triggered Routines
“*Note from the Moderators: Hi! This issue in this post is Resolved. Thanks so much!”
Contact Amazon directly let them know the issue and leave feedback in the Google Play Store for the app. There are Amazon Moderators but no one from Tech Support monitoring this site. This is more a peer to peer site. Where customers help one another out. But since you noticed the issue after an App update the Google Play Store is the place to mention it.