I listed all of the fixes I tried in my first post (#13) on 5/13/19. I tried the "Next" solution and it worked once but then reverted to being broken again. I submitted my information to the leave-feedback link yesterday (Post#15). Later on that day a notification came in so I asked Alexa "What are my notifications". I fully expected it to still be broken, but to my surprise it worked. As a test I created a notification and sent it to Alexa. (I did this by using the NotifyMe skill in the Alexa app.) That also worked. Today I received 2 more notifications on my Echo dot and they both worked. I really did not do anything special to fix it. I was hoping that someone saw the information I send to leave-feedback and maybe found the fix for the problem. As a follow-up I will submit another message to the leave-feedback folks and let them know that my notifications have started working again. I really don't know if someone did something in the background or if I was just lucky.